To make a spring bow and attach it to a headband you will need the following:
25" of 1.5" White Grosgrain Ribbon
12" of 7/8" Polka Dot Purple Ribbon
Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
Bowdabra Bow Wire
Small Flower or Button
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18" of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, cut 25" of 1.5" white grosgrain. Fold the grosgrain in half and at the crease mark place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Fold and press each ribbon strand to create 2" loops on either side.
4. Fold the tails down and create two more 2" loops on either side.
5. Cut 12" of purple polka dot ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and at the crease mark place the ribbon face down into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold and press a 1.5" loop and place the tail pointing down.
7. Fold and press a 1.5" loop on the other side with the tail point down.
8. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Fluff the bow and trim the bow tails so that they are all at an angle.
11. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the bow to a headband, trim away excess wire. To hid the Bowdabra Bow Wire in the center of the bow hot glue a small flower or other embellishment (like a button) onto the center of the bow. Your headband is ready to be worn!
Thank you Bowdabra for the tutorial and offering my readers a chance to win prizes on your Bowdabra sponsored giveaway. You can visit the Bowdabra Blog for multiple ways to enter their contest along with entering right here on my blog post!
Grand Prize – Ribbon totaling in value of $150.00
2nd Prize – Bowdabra, Mini Bowdabra, and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $41.54
3rd Prize – Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $24.11
Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announced April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabrablog.com
(5 entries per person for this post)
2. Leave a comment below about the tutorial. (1 entry)
3. Like Mommy Rantings on Facebook. Leave a comment below that you did. (1 entry)
4. Tweet about Bowdabra's National Craft Month Giveaway. Leave a comment below with your Twitter name. (1 entry)
5. Visit the Bowdabra Blog and get Daily Bowdabra Blog Updates. Enter your email address in the field on their right side bar and get an email every time they add a new tutorial. Leave a comment below that you signed up for their daily updates. (1 entry)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.